Monday, August 17, 2009

Longest day here yet....


I am very tired. It's been a long day.

My Bad.

Manda and I stayed up until 2 am talking. We never had a chance so the first chance we get we blow getting extra sleep. *Laughs* it's ok though, it was nice being able to talk to a friend.


More On my Roommate:
Her Name is Jimreen. It's a combination of her parents names: Maureen and Jim. Jimreen. She is very nice. She is orginally from Micronesia and recently came to the states to stay with her Aunts family in Magna Utah. It should be really interesting to get to know her. You can tell she is shy and a little unsure but, I hope she can mix in with others here that are diverse.
Today's activities:
Woke up at 745am to see Hayden. He is adorable. (Congrats Dani and Welcom into the world Hayden) Zach and I texted until he decided he was mentally and physcally exhusted and fell asleep. [sidenote. I love him.] climbed in the very unprivate shower and learned how to conceal my self...to think someday this will all be normal to me.
Went to start smart. Got very very VERY bored. No book, no phone, only my imagination, and my grumbling stomach. We finally got to eat after getting into our groups (which Manda B. Is in--Thank goodness) Stood in the sun waiting for lunch for a half hour: Leading to a burn on my face, yeah for maybe getting tanner.notlikely.
We did an activity called "Play Fair" it started with all of us entering a hall of people high fiving through out the gym. Thereafter we sat on the floor and played games in which we learned other peoples names and got to do "first impressions" It was ok but my neck started killing me. Afterwards we split into 2 groups and one went on a campus tour whilst us poor souls got stuck listening to a safety lecture. I could tell I had stayed up late because when the school officer started speaking I took a nap.
Dinner was good. BBQ and all you can eat. FOR FREE (free food. all the rage and whenever you see it it is in CAPS, and BOLDED--- FOOOD! FREE FOOD! It's almost funny until your stomach groans at you and you go "crud no money in my pocket. Guess this means free food (oh wait... FREE FOOD) and lines to wait in for me."
But it was delicious.
The finale of my day was an awesome magic show. it had voodoo (which was scary and worked) card tricks and an assortment of other very enjoyable and comiccal things.
wow, it's late. I spelt comical with two cc's. That must be a goodnight, goodbye and good riddance to me.
So this is Mara, signing out. I love you all.
~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment